In this episode of "Car Audio Fabrication" I share the proper way to utilize T-Nuts in an install.
The advantages of T Nuts are as follows:
- Screws can be removed several times if you need to access the inside of the enclosure with no worry of srtipping or degrading the thread quality (like what would occur with wood screws into wood)
- More secure mounting, they cannot be pulled loose from the mounting surface as occurs with wood screws.
- Adding a dab of super glue before securing the t nut to the wood can prevent them from falling into the enclosure before installing.
- Using a size down from the shank of the t nut for your drill hole allows for a tighter squeeze on the nut.
- Hurricane nuts are also available which "turn" into the mounting surface rather than bite.
I hope you guys enjoy! Discuss below and if you enjoy the content Subscribe!